By the way, I've found a list of things to do for 'men only', but I thought I would spare you this one.
MEN & WOMEN
- Pattaya is the windsurfing capital of Thailand!
Learning to windsurf or learning to fly an ultralight could be fun to do on a vacation.
- Pattaya is also the golf capital of Thailand-..
.. with 15 golf courses in the area (by the way: one just down the road from Star Beach in Pratumnak Soi 4)
- Pattya Park
for a relaxing family day with water slides, tower jumps etc., http://www.pattayapark.com ; Cost: ?
Cost : from 150 Baht per 10 minutes
- Paintball - 3 venues in Pattaya and Chonburi ; Cost: ?
- Mountain Bike riding
- Floating Market on Sukhumvit twds Sattahip
Just a short drive from Jomtien Beach turning right off Chaiyapruek Road; Details at http://www.pattayafloatingmarket.com ; free entrance, boat rides cost ?
- Noong Nooch Tropical Garden
about 18km south of Pattaya with wonderful gardens, Elephant rides etc.; Details at http://www.nongnoochtropicalgarden.com Cost: Double pricing 400 B for Foreigners, 200 B for Thais
- Million Years Stone Park & Crocodile Farm
about 9km from the city; Details at http://www.thaistonepark.org ; Cost: 300 B adults, 150 B children
- Underwater World
200m south on Sukhumvit Road from Tesco Lotus; Details at http://www.underwaterworldpattaya.com ; Cost: 450 B adults 250 B children
- Submarine Tour http://www.asiatravel.com/thailand/sigh ... arine.html ; Cost: ?
- Wat Yannasangvararam / Viharnra Sien (Chinese Temple) / Khao Chee Chan Buddha Mountain
FREE entry (Chinese Temple admission 50 B for both foreigners and Thais)
- Mini Siam
http://www.minisiam.com - opposite Bangkok Pattaya Hospital ; Cost: 250 B adults, 150 B children
- Sattahip Butterfly Garden - km 10 on Highway 36; Cost: ?
- Ripley's Museum http://www.ripleysthailand.com/ Cost: ?
- Ban Sukhawadee: nice gardens on the Highway twds Chonburi, after Banglamun police station on left side; daily 09-20h
- Balloon Trip: http://www.pattayaballoon.com/ ; Cost: ?
- Bungee Jumping
Pattaya offers international standard bungy jumping with a view of the lake, dunks in the water etc.
Fantastic high sea fishing available in Pattaya - Boat services to the sea can be arranged through sport clubs, tour agencies or at various communities like Expat Clubs
- Minigolf @ Pattaya Minigolf Club at
a) the Nova Lodge Hotel on Pattaya Beach Road/ junction with Pattaya Klang.
Open from 9.00-1.00 h. Cost: 140 THB/ player.
b) The Minigolf Pub at Thappraya Road, up the hill to Jomtien. 18-hole minigolf
course set within a tropical garden with shady trees and ponds. Air-con restaurant,
refreshments available. Open from 10 h till late/ 23 h. Cost: 100 THB/ player.
- Deep Sea Fishing. http://boatrentalsthailand.com/Fishing.htm Cost: ?
- Canopy adventure
Asia's longest cable tour above the Rainforest Canopy in Kao Yai Da close to Rayong; Information at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=74597466840 ; Cost: ?
- Bottle Art Museum
located directly at the Sukhumvit Highway at Kilometre 145.95 right after the turn-off
of Sukhumvit Soi 61 in central Pattaya (direction towards Sattahip/Rayong). From the
junction of Central Pattaya Road and Sukhumvit Highway it is only 300 Metres to the
museum. Due to the two huge signposts on the roadside the museum can hardly be missed.
Phone number is 0-3842-2957.
- Sanctuary of Truth
http://www.sanctuaryoftruth.com Entrance: 500 THB (!) for adults and also for Thais (!), 250 B children
- View Point with Khao Phra Bat temple on Rat Warun Road
- Golden Buddha (Temple) and View Point on both peaks of Pratumnak Hill
- Thai Discos: X-zyte, Star-Dice (Naklua Rd), Differ (behind BigC)
- Sri Racha Tiger Zoo
(km 20 marker on highway #36, about 30' away): cub white tigers, giraffes etc. that you can almost touch, and a fun train ride inside. Cost: 350 B adults 200 B children. http://www.tigerzoo.com
- Elephant Ride
like at the Pattaya Elephant Village http://www.elephant-village-pattaya.com
- Koh Larn trip
boats off Bali Hai pier from 35 B (not later than 9:30am!)
- Koh Pai trip - " -
- Jazz Concerts in Jazz Pit @ Soi 5 (daily from 7pm-1am)
- Blues Concerst in the Blues Factory (daily from 7pm)
- Movie Theaters (Central Festival @Big C, The Avenue @ 2nd Road, Central Festival Pattaya Beach)
- Travestie Shows
... like in Alcazar and Tiffany (2nd Road)
- Children: get rid of the children for a few hours in Wiggle Town - http://www.wiggle-town.com
- Make a party - all kinds of supplies here: http://www.the-party-shop.com
- do a Visa run trip
- Pool / Billards / Snooker
many venues (or at least tables) all over town
several spots, the most popular one currently in Central Festival shopping mall
- Fitness Studios
various cost and membership terms, most popular ones: Tony's Gym and Golden Gym
Tip: on Pratumnak Hill or on the beach from Pratumnak Soi 5 to Jomtien
- Martial Art Clubs
like at 'Tony's Muay Thai Academy'; Cost: ?
- watch Muay Thai at the weekly bouts
...or one of the fake shows in the Beer bar complex in front of Walking Street or below Marine Disco on Walking Street
- Watch or Play Rugby
- Horseback Riding
- watch Horse Races in Pattaya Turf Club
- Shooting Range 1/6 Moo 4, Soi Wat Huay-Yai,Sukhumvit Road (10 minutes from town centre) +66-3825548 ; Cost: from 250 B
from 300 B per ride
- Banana Boat Riding
from 700 B per ride
- Table Tennis
- Water Ski
- Jet Ski (be sure to make clear photos of the condition of your Jet Ski boat before renting it to avoid the frequent Thai Jet Ski Scam Setup hassle)
No Thailand visit is complete without having experienced an authentic Thai massage in one of the countless shops (of various flavors and cost) all over town
- attend a Thai Cooking course!
There are schools specialised in Thai cooking. Cooking classes are also run in hotels, resort as well as language schools. The length of the course varies from a wrap-up 2-3 hours course to 2 weeks course or more.
- Learn Thai!
Learning Thai allows a more profound understanding of the nation. Thai language classes are offered in most main cities in Thailand. There are crash courses for tourists, more in-depth for expatriates or full courses for linguists or language enthusiasts.
Public workout on Beach Road (Pattaya Klang junction) and at the Tourist police station on Pratumnak every day from 5:30..6pm. ; small tip expected by the instructor
- Learn Yoga
Fitness centres have adopted the practice into their programmes, hotels and resorts also offer classes and facilities. There are also private trainers available, and on Pratumnak Hill there are regular Yoga practices during evening hours.
- buy cheap software and DVD's
- buy cheap clothes
- laying by the pool with a drink and a good book
- laying on the beach with a drink, a good book and get a massage
- if Walking Street unavoidable: watch the family visitors gawk and photograph a white girl dancing in the second story glass booth on Walking Street at night
- Tue, Sat: visit Soi Buakhaow Market
- Fri/Sat/Sun: visit Thepprasit Market
- Thai Buffets - great Thai food buffets everywhere in Town, starting with 120 THB/person
- Pizzas for THB 99 in Peter's Bakery on Naklua Road
- 28 Baht Draft Beers in a small bar on Beach Road right before the Pattaya Klang junction
- 35-45 Baht Red Wine in various bars and restaurants during daytime in Jomtien Plaza
If you think that something is missing, please add it!